Wednesday 25 March 2020

One more from Archives and some New Work

Hi again all.

So here's a couple more with exclusive new artworks from yours truly.

Drone Studies for Unmanned Theremin is the newbie. My wonderful wife bought me a Moog Theremini for my birthday back in January (feels like another aeon) and I did some strange experiments with the bastard which has resulted in the 2 lengthy ultra-minimalist electronic works on here. The cover is a painting "Lightning Whale" by me. I do paint as well as scrawl on post-it notes and I do it simply for the joy of it...but hell why not start using them for covers. The next few releases will feature my artwork.




The artwork on the archival release unleashed as well, is titled "Untitled Improvisation I" inspired in name only by one of my favourite artists Wasily Kandinsky. The music itself, titled "Works For Guitar Vol 1" (yes there'll be more volumes mark my words!) are solo electric guitar recordings I made in my flat in Highgate Hill back in 2011 or 2012. Hope you enjoy.




I hope you enjoy these ones along with all the others. I'm working on another release featuring recent and archival recordings combined which I shall hit you all over the head with, with more of my artwork as the cover. Then I'll get to doing some new paintings and recording some new pieces...probably in one of the many fair fields around here since I'm cooped up in my tiny flat with the wife and many neighbours all in the same boat. Look forward to sending you some brownsnake (Brisbane River) side fiddle tunes and cider-drenched apocalyptic ballads soon.

Keep safe and healthy everyone, wash your bloody hands and try and stay away from eachother, and I appreciate your continued support in this incredibly fucked up time.
Love upon all,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment