Tuesday 17 March 2020

New Release & a bit of News

Well...some better news then, since the last 2 posts have been about canceling gigs. I'm trawling through the archives and have decided to keep the flame burning by annoying you with plenty of digital releases. I'd been sitting on a few in the hope of doing some nice CDr etc releases in the coming months. But since I now have no work (music is my living and the gigs are dropping like flies) and any plans of tours I was working on (Europe would've been nice again) are dashed for now...I'm fast-tracking some releases and digging up all sorts of weird and wonderful things from the archives and I shall share them with you all sporadically over the coming months. 

I hope it brings you some solace if you're trapped at home in quarantine, worried, concerned, working from home, wandering empty streets, sitting in a hospital, whatever it may be, I hope that these sounds offer something for you. As I'm more or less out of work, anyone who has the income too please do consider buying a download or going nuts on any musician or artists works you admire. Our "sector" is getting well and truly smashed by our microscopic new friend. Anyway enough of that. 

Here it is! http://adamcadell.bandcamp.com/album/street-music-vol-2 Street Music Vol 2. The long awaited sequel to Street Music Vol 1 (which is avail also at my bandcamp as a download). Street Music Vol 2 was all recorded on rooftops in Senegal while I was hanging out there in 2015 for a few months. Beautiful country. Like Street Music Vol 1 this is a series of intimate, introspective solo violin improvisations with the instrument heavily muted in order to allow the sounds of the street below to spill into the sonics. My trusty The Scrapes comrade Ryan Potter took these dusty field recordings, mixed them and mastered them as best he could to clean them up for you. I hope you enjoy. A bonus bit (other than my spectacularly cackhanded Paint 3D-conjured art) is an essay I wrote about my experiences in Senegal...a bit academic and boring...but hey if you're stuck in a flat eating tins of tomatoes and drinking fruity lexia for a few weeks it might prove enlightening. And I will do CDr versions with handmade art and all sorts of joys when the time is right...it's definitely not right now I think we all agree. 

Take care everyone! 
Adam.


No comments:

Post a Comment