Saturday 29 June 2019

Neu Noize

New noise up on Bandcamp for pay-as-you-like DL. Solo drone mind melt. Lasted 2 hours straight at the time and was so loud and unending - in the vaguely cavernous Sidney Nolan exhibition space at MONA - I got heckled by a lady who recommended I buy some ear-plugs for me and I guess everyone else...I dunno...I couldn't hear her. Fortunately her whining doesn't come up on this audio. Had to cut the performance in half to 2 movements if you will for this document.

    

 Cover Art is more weird work-avoidance by yours truly (thank you temp agency for kindly sponsoring my visual art ambitions).

Please consider downloading and chucking me a couple of pennies along with the previous installment (Vibrations for Sarcophagus, named as such because I was set up in front of an actual sarcophagus above The Void at MONA to make weird noises while people stuffed themselves below with an odd array of avant-garde canapes. Yep. The nice guy helping me set up had to check that the vibrations wouldn't damage the sarcophagus) up there as it will go a long way while I wander the streets of Europe in August with appearances in Finland, Belgium (Summer Bummer Festival 2019!!) and France, solo and with the Artús legends.

Both of these MONA - Museum of Old and New Art recordings were made during 3 days of live performances for the opening of Fabien Giraud & Raphael Siboni's installation 'The Everted Capital', a 24 hour durational work for which I were composer and musician. Both sets of recordings feature music from that mammoth composition/improvisation. It's possible to view an excerpt of the film HERE Keep an eye on that space as those two and I continue to work together with an exciting new long-form project on the go at present. Anyway thanks all for your support and interest. If you've read this far it's probably time to go outside for a walk or something. This social media stuff is incredibly bad for us all.

Until next time,
Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment