Friday 28 August 2015

Updates from a Traveller

Hello...

Recent significant updates on my Australia Council for the Arts funded activities:

27/8 Entered WNYU studios with Henry Flynt to record two of his pieces including his classic Banjo Country piece found on the Spindizzy album. More on this soon but here is a photograph from the morning session.

Henry and I discussing timbre before recording a relatively new work of his. Once the recordings have been worked with they will no doubt appear somewhere.

IN OTHER NEWS.

I will be playing a little solo set on acoustic violin at ABC No Rio in Downtown Manhattan on Sunday 30 August for their Sunday C.O.M.A series. DETAILS 7PM start. I'm on first. I will be performing an improvised acoustic set that reflects where I'm at at the current time in my approaches to improvisation, texture, composition and will be a lot like the sort of work coming out on a new tape I've put together for CABIN FLOOR ESOTERICA records. This tape will hopefully come out toward the end of the year.

Come along and say hi if you're lurking about the lower east side on Sunday.

This work has all been made possible by the Australia Council for the Arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment